The core purpose of the Bristol Children’s Centres
To give every child a good start in life
The core purpose of Bristol Children’s Centres is to improve outcomes for young children and their families, with a particular focus on families in greatest need of support, in order to reduce inequalities in:
- Child development and school readiness
- Parenting aspirations, self esteem and parenting skills, and
- Child and family health and life chances.
Children’s Centres provide seamless, integrated services, tailored to the needs of each community including:
- Early education and childcare
- Health and maternity services
- Debt, benefits and housing advice
- Adult learning and volunteering opportunities
- Employment support (Job Centre Plus)
- Universal, tailored and targeted Family Support programmes.
Downloads & Links
If you would like a copy of a particular Information Sharing Protocol shown in the above document please email Rachel Williams.