|Message from Information for Schools
On the 31st January 2017 we are bringing together a selection of early years policy experts and senior nursery staff to examine the impact of bringing Ofsted inspections for early years back in house and the ’30 free hours’ roll-out with results from pilot schemes.
Taking place in Central London, this pivotal strategy forum will feature policy updates from Ofsted and the National Day Nurseries Association alongside interactive case studies showcasing best practice for delivering ‘Outstanding’ early years provision.
Places are limited to facilitate active discussion between speakers and delegates. Should you feel a colleague would be interested in attending, please feel free to forward this invitation on. All content is CPD certified with certificates available on the day.
REGISTRATION CLOSING SOON: SECURE YOUR PLACE ONLINE OR CALL 0203 770 6580
FINALISED AGENDA: ALL SESSIONS NOW CONFIRMED!
Kathy Sylva, Professor of Educational Psychology, University of Oxford, and Researcher, Effective Pre-School Primary and Secondary Education Project (CONFIRMED)
– Morning Chair
Ivana La Valle, Co-Author, Evaluation of Early Rollout of 30 Hours Free Childcare and Research Consultant and Visiting Scholar, University of East London (CONFIRMED)
– Morning Keynote: Outcomes and Lessons From the Early Implementation and Early Rollout of the 30 Hours of Free Childcare
Purnima Tanuku, CEO, National Day Nurseries Association (NDNA) (CONFIRMED)
– Special Keynote: 30 Hours in Action – Chaos or Success
Caroline El-Semman, Director, Little Jungle Nursery (CONFIRMED)
– Case Study: Developing an Enquiry-Based Learning Approach to Early Years
Dr Julian Grenier, Headteacher, Sheringham Nursery School and Children’s Centre and National Leader of Education (CONFIRMED)
– Case Study: Using Status as a National Teaching School to Support Local Early Years Providers
Silvia Latorraca, Nursery Teacher, Fitzjohn’s Primary School (CONFIRMED)
– Case Study: Providing Outstanding Early Years Teaching and Learning
Jan Batchelor , Childcare Support Lead Officer, Gateshead Early Years and Childcare Services (CONFIRMED)
– Case Study: Creating Innovative Solutions for Childcare Access
John Fowler, Policy Manager, LGiU (CONFIRMED)
– Afternoon Chair
Wendy Ratcliff HMI, Senior Manager Early Years Policy Team, Ofsted (CONFIRMED)
– Afternoon Keynote: Reviewing the Implications of In-House Ofsted Inspections
Andrea Sedgewick, Head of Early Years, Education and Skills, North Yorkshire County Council (CONFIRMED)
– Case Study: Delivering More Inclusive Early Years Provision
Jo Platt MP, Labour and Co-operative MP for Leigh and Parliamentary Private Secretary to Shadow Education Team, and Former Portfolio Holder for Children and Young People, Wigan Council (CONFIRMED)
– Case Study: Improving Early Years Provisions and Care – Lessons from the Pilot Phase
Emma Harwood and Hayley Staniforth-Room, Managing Directors, Dandelion Education, Nursery World’s Nursery of the Year 2017 (CONFIRMED)
– Case Study: Effectively Developing and Challenging Children in an Early Years Setting
LAST CHANCE TO BOOK: REGISTER ONLINE OR CALL 0203 770 6580