Weekly Attendance and Vulnerable Register
Email dated 10.05.2021
Dear Early Years Provider,
Frequency Change to FORTNIGHTLY submissions
You will be pleased to know that with immediate effect, the Attendance & Vulnerable Register now only need to be submitted to Bristol City Council on a fortnightly basis. We will only require one week of data, so please don’t input 2 x weeks of data.
Week commencing dates and submission dates for the rest of term:
w/c 3rd May, for submission on Friday 7th May
w/c 17th May, for submission on Friday 21st May
w/c 31st May, for submission on Friday 4th June (if you are closed for 1/2 term, there is no need to make a return)
w/c 14th June, for submission on Friday 18th June
w/c 28th June, for submission on Friday 2nd July
w/c 12th July, for submission on Friday 16th July
Collection dates after the 16th July will be updated closer to the time. The DfE are including these returns as ‘official statistics’ and all providers are strongly urged to continue providing this data to ensure that national and local measures can be taken quickly if the situation in Bristol should worsen. You find the national statistics published here.
An overview of the Fortnightly Attendance & Vulnerable Register
- Instruction page – to help you complete the form. You can also let us know easily about sufficiency issues with a quick yes/no reply.
- Attendance Numbers – a simple count (no child level data!).
- Vulnerable Register – where specific child level information is needed, but it’s very unlikely that this will change greatly from week to week.
How to send the Fortnightly Attendance & Vulnerable Register to BCC on the specific Fridays to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For anyone with an email address ending with email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org please use a standard email
- For anyone with an email address ending with anything else, you must use our Send Secure service to remain GDPR compliant. Click this link to access this user friendly service https://securereader.bristol.gov.uk/encrypt. A guide is also attached for your perusal
- If your provision is closed during half term or other school holidays – you do not need to complete this register – but resume sending it on the above schedule when you return.
- If your provision is closed due to COVID-19 – you do not need to complete this register – but please ensure we are aware of your closure.
We hope that the reduction in frequency will encourage all providers to complete this task. If you need any support or have any questions, please contact any of the team on the numbers below.
Early Years Team