Early Years Updates 10/02/2021
Email dated 11.02.2021
Dear Early Years Colleagues,
Please find below and attached:
- COVID Update: Surge Testing
- Test and Trace: easy read booklet
- Bristol Parent Carers Virtual Coffee Morning
- CPD for Early Years
- SENDCO Conference
- Early Years Safeguarding Audit
A short-term surge testing programme has been introduced across a number of specific postcode areas in Bristol, this is due to a small number of test results showing a mutation of the variant first seen in Kent before Christmas. It is important to understand that this isn’t an acute outbreak situation but important, from a scientific perspective, to understand more about how the variant behaves and inform response; both clinical and at a population level.
To be eligible for the surge PCR test you need to be
- Asymptomatic – showing no symptoms / not unwell
- aged 16 years
You must also meet one or more of the following:
- Live in one of the postcodes identified (follow link)
- Work in a school or setting that is in one of the postcode areas
- Be a staff member who is part of a support bubble with someone who resides in one of the postcode areas.
Please follow this link for full details regarding the postcode, action required and FAQs. Community testing: additional COVID-19 ‘surge’ testing – bristol.gov.uk
Key points to note
– We know that up to a third of Covid cases can be asymptomatic, so anticipate some test results returning as positive but this does not mean that the person has the new mutated variant. However, the individual will need to self-isolate in line with Government guidelines for 10 days from date of test.
– All schools, settings and businesses should continue to operate in line with current arrangements. If a staff member displays symptoms then s/he should follow the normal LFD/ PCR testing route.
– Surge testing should not be undertaken by any member of staff who has received a positive PCR test in the last 90 days
Attached is an FAQs to support you as well as a link below to information on the BCC wesbite:
Test and Trace Flyer
Please find attached the updated easy read test and trace flyer for your information.
Bristol Parent Carer’s
See attached flyer from Bristol Parent Carers with details of their next virtual coffee morning.
CPD for Early Years
Bristol Early Years Teaching School Alliance ran some very successful CPD in January for early years practitioners in schools and nurseries, focusing on emotional wellbeing of children, so important at this challenging time. We have lots more courses coming up including these popular ones: Exploring the EYFS Reforms; Bristol Characteristics of Effective Learning; Quality Interactions in the EYFS, as well as many others. Bookings are open for our Training courses in Term 4. Please see the attached poster which highlights our current offer (Buy 4 places /courses and get the 5th Free) and all the upcoming courses. We would be grateful if you would help to disseminate this information in your setting. You can go to our website for more information and to book: http://beytc.co.uk
Please find attached details of this years SENDCO Conference, we have been asked to share this with all early years providers so please feel free to sign up.
Early Years Safeguarding Audit
Please find attached the original email sent to early years providers regarding the Early Years Safeguarding Audit and the link to it.
Please be aware that we have extended the submission date for the Early Years Safeguarding Audit, this is due to the current situation and an acknowledgement of the ongoing pressures early years providers are facing . The deadline for the submission of your completed audit is now April 1st 2021.
There have been some queries regarding completing the audit, if there are questions which you feel are not applicable to your setting if you put N/A this will enable you to move to the next question.
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Early Years Service.