Fortnightly Attendance and Vulnerable Register - changing to one Monday per Month
From: Ask CYPS <email@example.com>
Sent: 10 September 2021 12:01
Dear Early Years Provider,
Frequency Change to ONE MONDAY PER MONTH submissions
The Department for Education have decided to continue with the collection of attendance data for the Autumn 2021 term. We are assured this will be the final term we are asking for your support, however this is dependent on any future changes in the severity of COVID-19.
With immediate effect, the Attendance & Vulnerable Register now only needs to be submitted to Bristol City Council on one Monday per month. We no longer require whole weeks’ worth of data, just the numbers of the Mondays listed below:
Week commencing dates and submission dates for the rest of term:
Monday 13th Sept 2021, for submission before the end of Wednesday 15th September 2021
Monday 11th October 2021, for submission before the end of Wednesday 13th October 2021
Monday 8th November, for submission before the end of Wednesday 10th November 2021
Monday 13th December, for submission before the end of Wednesday 15th December 2021
If you are not usually open on a Monday, please choose your next closest working day, but please still submit by the above Wednesday deadlines.
The DfE continues to use these returns as ‘official statistics’ and all providers are strongly urged to provide this data to ensure that national and local measures can be taken quickly if the situation in Bristol should worsen. You find the national statistics published here. Apologies for the short timeframe for the first return – this was only confirmed this week.
An overview of the One Monday per month attendance & vulnerable register – Autumn 2021
- Instruction page – to help you complete the form.
- Attendance Numbers – a simple count based on 1 x Monday per month (no child level data!).
- Vulnerable Register – where specific child level information is needed, but it’s very unlikely that this will change greatly from month to month.
How to send the One Monday per month attendance & vulnerable register to BCC on the specific Wednesdays to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For anyone with an email address ending with email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org please use a standard email
- For anyone with an email address ending with anything else, you must use our Send Secure service to remain GDPR compliant. Click this link to access this user friendly service https://securereader.bristol.gov.uk/encrypt. A guide is also attached for your perusal
- If your provision is closed due to COVID-19 – you do not need to complete this register – but please ensure we are aware of your closure.
We hope that this further reduction in frequency will encourage all providers to complete this task. If you need any support or have any questions, please contact any of the team on the numbers below.
Free Entitlement Development Officer
Early Years & Childcare Service