APPLY FOR FOR EARLY YEARS FUNDING
Apply for early years funding
Apply for funding for an individual child or to implement a short term evidence based intervention for a group of children.
To find out what information you should include with your application read the guidance:
- Special educational needs provision for Bristol Early Years: Bristol Universal Descriptors (pdf, 481k)
Make a first application for Early Years SEN panel funding
To make a first application to support an individual child, you must fill in a:
- Early Years Special Educational Needs Panel Funding application form (word doc, 29k)
- Bristol Send Support Plan (word doc, 224k)
- Early Years Individual Provision Plan (word doc, 34k)
- Risk assessment (word doc, 38k) (if appropriate)
Early Years Special Educational Needs Panel Funding application form
You’ll need information about:
- the child
- what sessions the child goes to
- details of the support you’ve given the child
- your setting’s details
- fill in the plan with the family
- include the views of any professionals working with the child and family
Early Years Individual Provision Plan
This gives a detailed summary of the provision and strategies you’ll use to support an individual child at each stage of their daily routine.
A detailed assessment of risk that relates to an individual child’s needs.
Early years Special Educational Needs Panel Funding review form
We agree Early Years SEN panel funding for a specific length of time and review it so that we can monitor the impact of the funding. Use this to complete and submit a review at the appropriate Early Years SEN panel date set for review.
When we initially agree the funding, we tell the SENCO in writing the date for review.
To review Early years special education needs panel funding, you must fill in and send us the:
- Early Years SEN panel funding review form (word doc, 29k)
- updated Individual Provision Plan (word doc, 34k)
- updated Risk Assessment (word doc, 38k) (if appropriate)
Apply for funding for a group of children
To apply for funding for a group of children use:
You can use this to ask for funding to put in place a time limited, evidence based intervention for children with SEND who don’t get individual funding to meet their needs.
To return applications to us you must follow our secure email guidance.
Email completed applications to email@example.com.
How we assess your application
Panel meetings take place on the second Wednesday of every month from 1.30pm to 4.30pm. You need to make sure you submit your application to reach us by noon on the Wednesday one week before.
We’ll do our best to let you know the outcome in writing within one week of the panel meeting taking place.
If you have any queries about making an application you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 0117 903 1296.
Dawn Butler, Early Years Manager: Inclusion