The Children’s Kitchen aims to:
- Highlight the importance of building a healthy relationship with food at a young age, focusing on fresh produce rather than sweet treats.
- Creating growing spaces and a term-based planting plan so that children can learn about food ‘Plot to Plate.’
- Developing confidence and food knowledge for Early Years practitioners and people who work with children.
- Linking Early Years food with the wider food education networks and strategic planning for the city, particularly focused on addressing food insecurity.
- Supporting settings to improve their approach to food through hands on sessions, resources, CPD, training and mentoring.