EY COVID-19 Urgent request for information
Email dated 19.3.20
Following last night’s announcement on school and early years provider closures, the LA is working through the logistics underpinning this guidance and how we can support providers from all sectors in these challenging times.
Please follow the link to the latest information, from the DfE, https://www.gov.uk/government/news/schools-colleges-and-early-years-settings-to-close
The guidance outlines the expectations from schools and early years providers, including nurseries, private schools and sixth forms, to formally close from the end of the day on Friday, but ensure there is provision in place for children of key workers and vulnerable children.
Please can you complete and return the following table to provide updated information regarding the numbers of vulnerable and key worker children you currently offer childcare to. You’ll note this also requests information regarding your current status in relation to your capacity to remain open to meet the needs of these children and families. Please note definitions below when completing the table.
Name of Early Years Provider
Number of SEND children
Number of Vulnerable children
Number of children whose parent is a key worker
Please detail free of charge food provided during the day (breakfast/snack/lunch/tea)
Provider Status – capacity/plans to remain open to provide childcare for identified groups
- Child with an Educational Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- Child going through the process of an EHCP
- Child allocated funding from the Early Years SEN Panel
- Child involved with a Social Worker – i.e. has a Child Protection Plan, a Child in Care or a Child in Need
- Child deemed by early years provider as Cause for Concern
- NHS staff
- Emergency services
- Education and childcare staff providing cover for priority children
- Supermarket delivery drivers
Please complete and return to sender ( email@example.com) at you very earliest opportunity.
We will be in touch again shortly with further information.
With best wishes,
The Early Years’ Service