Covid-19 Advice Newsletter
Email dated 27.03.20
Dear Early Years Setting,
Please find attached an email and the recent newsletter from the Keeping Bristol Safe Partnership which contains some useful information in relation to safeguarding. Also attached is an email with information of the launch of the Keeping Bristol Safe Partnership website.
I appreciate that at this time settings are running on reduced staffing and it may be probable that may not always have a Designated Safeguarding Lead or Deputy on site at all times as they may become incapacitated with either ill health, self-isolation or caring for those who may need it. Please can you consider ensuring that your ‘continuity plans’ are reviewed and shared with colleagues in your setting. In the interim we ask that you:
- Consider making DSL cover arrangements with neighbouring settings
- Ensure that colleagues are aware of the locality Families in Focus and other relevant agencies numbers
- Ensure that you consider reviewing who has access to ‘Safeguarding files’ and how to facilitate this access.
If you have any queries or need any advice and guidance in relation to safeguarding, the Children’s Centre Family Support Managers are available to provide this support.
The Children’s Centre Family Support Managers can be contacted using the following details:
- North – Sharyn Ayres on 07342033872 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- South – Bridget White on 07795952440 or email email@example.com
- Central – Michaela Wilcox on 07917 517800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- East – Lucy Hudd on 07931189686 or email email@example.com
Early Years Manager: Inclusion
Early Years and Childcare Service,
Room 20 Bristol Education Centre,
Bristol BS7 0PU