The guideline Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy for childminders has been updated October 2019. Here are the main changes:
- Bristol Safeguarding Children Board is now Keeping Bristol Safe Partnership (KBSP)
- A paragraph has been added about Domestic Abuse in line with the priorities of KBSP
- Update of the safeguarding training strategy for new childminders and to provide a progression route for experienced childminders
- Clarification on capturing pre-existing injuries in the Accident and Incident Log and then establishing an individual safeguarding file when there are concerns about a child.
- An advice paragraph to clarify childminder to childminder responsibilities/whistleblowing.
- A paragraph to clarify how assistants can whistleblow