Marvin Rees was the guest speaker at the last meeting of Bristol Men in Early Years Network held at St Werburgh’s Park Nursery School on 19th April. Marvin spoke about his own experiences growing up as a mixed-race kid with a single mum in Bristol and the massive impact that having a black male worker at his nursery has had on him. He also spoke about his involvement with work around parenting and mental health. We then discussed key issues and priorities for the Early Years within Bristol. Marvin demonstrated a good understanding and expressed a willingness for further consultation and the ability to pull people together, emphasizing the Happiness Advantage and the long-term social and economic benefits of getting it right in the Early Years.
- The EYFS Transfer Record 2021 is available to download. Childminders can complete the Transfer Record to support a child’s transition to Reception. Its best to hand deliver the Transfer Record to the receiving school. Childminders can consult with their Lead Teacher about how to complete the Transfer Record who to contact in the school.
- The EYFS Transfer Record 2021 is available
- New – The Children’s Kitchen Spring into Action Recipes
- Bobbi’s case study
- ECHO ‘Making Sense of the ‘Reformed’ Early Years Foundation Stage ’ online CPD session.
Search by type
- Bristol Men in Early Years
- Bristol Standard Case Studies
- Bristol Standard Focus on a Dimension
- Bristol Standard Latest News
- Bristol Standard Newsletters
- Case Studies
- Childminders Latest News
- Courses and Training
- Latest News
- PVI Settings