Announcement from the Secretary of State for Education - THANK YOU
Email dated 24.04.20
Please find attached a copy of a letter from Gavin Williamson (Secretary of State for Education) thanking early years providers for staying open during the current crisis.
In his letter, the Secretary reminds us all which children are still able to access education during the wider closure, focussing on the vulnerable children (including those with SEND). From Bristol City Council’s original email on 19/03/2020, we further defined these children as:
- Child with an Educational Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- Child going through the process of an EHCP
- Child allocated funding from the Early Years SEN Panel
- Child involved with a Social Worker – i.e. has a Child Protection Plan, a Child in Care or a Child in Need
- Child deemed by early years provider as Cause for Concern
If you need any support from the Early Years Team to ensure that children from these categories can still access their place, please email email@example.com or call one of the numbers below.
Thank you all for the amazing work you do for all children.
Free Entitlement Development Officer
Early Years & Childcare Service